26 August, 2019
27 August, 2019
Buenos Aires, Argentina, YPF
ICE 2019 SC 04 | Tight Gas Exploration
Monday, 26 August – Tuesday, 27 August 2019, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. | Buenos Aires, Argentina
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for geoscientists interested in examining classic tight gas petroleum systems that are very active and important today in North America.
This two-day course is designed to train the explorationist to efficiently identify and map these pervasive, large opportunities. They occur in both clastics and carbonates, and examples of each will be provided. In as much as these resource plays will be a main focus of future gas exploration in North America, it is critical to understand the occurrence and characteristics of these huge unconventional accumulations. They will also become increasingly important in worldwide exploration as a large source for future gas supplies and reserves.
YPF Tower, 17th floor, Puerto Madero, City of Buenos Aires.
The main topics that are covered in the course are:
- Historical Perspective – how we got to where we are today.
- Main Characteristics of these accumulations.
- Current Working Model – why these large accumulations occur.
- Important Geochemical Parameters that are required for a play.
- Critical Pressure, Fluid, and Reservoir attributes – how to evaluate and map.
- Sweet Spots – the various types that have made these plays even more economic.
- Examples and Case Histories in the U.S. and Canada – what criteria were used to make the important initial discoveries.
- Exploration Approach – a step-by-step approach outlining how to use basic rock, log, pressure, and test data to develop and evaluate these opportunities.
AAPG/AAGGP Member Registration: US $720
Nonmember Registration: US $790
Student Registration: US $100
Student Registration: between 2 to 3 as a maximum depending on the demand.
Maximum number of participants: 30
AccommodationsAccommodation information is not yet available for this event. Please check back often.
Av. Macacha Güemes 515, 17th Floor
+54 011 5441 0000