26 August, 2019
27 August, 2019
Buenos Aires, Argentina, YPF
ICE 2019 SC 01 | Introduction to Unconventional Shale Plays: Learnings From Vaca Muerta Formation
Monday, 26 August – Tuesday, 27 August 2019, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. | Buenos Aires, Argentina
Who Should Attend
Geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, geomechanics, reservoir engineers and graduate students seeking to improve their knowledge on unconventional plays from a geological approached an it’s impacts.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the rock heterogeneities in the black shales world
- Be familiar with variables that control well performance
- Distinguish the multiplicity of shale play types present in Vaca Muerta Formation and their similarities and differences with North American shale plays
- Identify geological aspects, critical for acreage prioritization, well placement, landing zone selection, geosteering strategy, development architecture
- Characterize shale rocks from a sedimentological standpoint.
- Imaging litofacies at the Macro-, Micro-, and Nano-Scales
- Analysis of lithofacies stacking pattern: vertical and lateral changes
- Understand the impact of vertical facies changes on hydraulic fracture propagation.
YPF’s Core Deposit, Avellaneda, Buenos Aires Province (close to Buenos Aires City)
This course is an introduction to unconventional shale plays and the value of geological understanding applied to the exploration and field development. The course span from regional assessments to hydrocarbon storage fundamentals; integration of core analysis, sequence stratigraphy and their impacts on drilling and completion; geological conceptual models and reservoir characterization; landing zone and geosteering assessment. Material and examples of the course covers different settings of the Vaca Muerta play. Philosophy and techniques can be applied to other unconventional plays where the subsurface management is oriented to the rock understanding as guide.
AAPG/AAGGP Member Registration: US $720
Nonmember Registration: US $790
Student Registration: US $100
Student Registration: between 2 and 3 as a maximum depending on the demand.
Maximum number of participants: 20
AccommodationsAccommodation information is not yet available for this event. Please check back often.
Av. Macacha Güemes 515, 17th Floor
+54 011 5441 0000